[TR] missing idle

Chip19474 at aol.com Chip19474 at aol.com
Tue Aug 4 13:43:18 MDT 2009

Gary,

Excellent point and Tony knows that I experienced this dilemma first hand
with my TR6 back in 2003 when I was sorting out the engine after
restoration.

So, I'd like to add to my last email response - the magic solution to many
lean condition stumbling in TR6's with S-2 or equivalent cams and Stromberg
 fixed jet (adjustable needle) carbs has been a needle swap to B1E Jaguar
needles.  These needles have a very friendly profile for modified TR6
motors in that they deliver more fuel immediately off idle and continue to
deliver more fuel in adequate proportions over the power band of your  camshaft.
It's just a suggestion.....I don't know what else you've done to  the
engine in terms of modifications but keep the idea in mind.

Chip Krout
Delaware Valley Triumphs, Ltd.
Skippack, PA
1976 TR6  CF57822U

In a message dated 8/4/2009 3:34:47 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,