[TR] Help Needed With TR4A Hood Latch

Peter Fullam pfullam at nycap.rr.com
Mon Aug 3 20:10:26 MDT 2009

Hi George,

Same thing happened to my TR4 years ago. I wiggled into the passenger
footwell with a saber saw and cut a 3x4" hole in the top of it, from the
under side. I reached in with a wrench and unbolted the latch from the
bonnet. I got the latch problem sorted and made a patch for the hole, which
I installed with sheet metal screws. I also replaced the release cable with
a solid wire version from JCWhitney. That was around 1976, and it has been
trouble free ever since.

Pete Fullam