[TR] Help Needed With TR4A Hood Latch

GHaynesTR4 at aol.com GHaynesTR4 at aol.com
Mon Aug 3 10:18:03 MDT 2009

Here's the sad scenerio:

We're installing the hood on my TR4A following a new paint job.
While adjusting the front hinges, we allowed the hood to latch (at the
back).
Now the latch will not release.

THE RELEASE LEVER IS RETRACTED FULLY (both from inside the car and using
the emergency cable.)
We removed the hinge bolts by reaching up from below, so the front now
opens maybe 3 inches.
With a stick and a hook, we were able to poke the latch and pull on it.
No luck releasing it!

Short of torching a large hole in the rear of the (freshly-painted) hood,
does anyone have a suggestion for releasing the latch pin, which may have
sunk too deeply into the latch?
George Haynes