[TR] TTA Stag (a.k.a. "Uncle Jack") and John Macartney

Chad triumph74tr6 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 2 06:55:58 MDT 2009

If he'd just snuck in, he could stay as long as he wanted.....no problem.
Chad in Tulsa

Message: 5
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2009 09:16:25 -0400
From: Mark
Jones <mowog73 at sympatico.ca>
Subject: Re:
To: Glen Merrell
<stagbytriumph at triumphstagclub.org>,
    <triumphs at autox.team.net>, Spitfire
newsgroup
    <spitfires at autox.team.net>, <6pack at autox.team.net>,

<tr8 at mercury.lcs.mit.edu>, <stag at digest.net>

I decided to take him across at Sombara/Marine City,
because it is a beautiful
drive and also a small border crossing.  Usually the
small crossings at better
when there are "issues" and that turned out to be
the case.  There was a great
look of releif on John's face when he came out of
the US Custom office.

Mark

Bluewater British Car Club.

> The newsflash
is, John now has his visa extended via his "new" I-94 form
> until 30
October!! Visa issue SOLVED for the duration of the drive!!!

> What does
this mean for North American Triumph (and all British Car)
> drivers?
> It
means, get your cars on the road to meet up with John over then next
> 9 weeks
on this first of its kind epic journey to Triumphest / North
> American
Triumph Challenge 2009 in San Luis Obispo. There are many
> folks planning on
caravaning with John on the last leg down the Pacific
> Coast Highway to SLO,
this will be one of the greatest caravans of
> Triumphs EVER!! I am currently
tallying all the Triumphs that have
> participated in some part of this drive
and hope to have tallies ready