[TR] Engine Oil Dye

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Sat Aug 1 15:22:02 MDT 2009

> A chain of FLAPS near me called PepBoys have a selection of dyes for
> detecting leaks of different fluids: oil, coolant, and refrigerant maybe

Kragen/Checker/Shucks/O'Reilly carry them too.

And Home Depot/Lowes/OSH have black light bulbs that will fit a standard
fluorescent desk fixture with an 18" lamp; much cheaper than buying a
purpose-made black light fixture (although not as convenient).

Another tip I've heard is to clean the area thoroughly, then put on a coat
of spray foot powder (the kind that dries to a white powder).  Not only will
it ensure your Triumph never catches athlete's foot, but the powder will
turn dark when it gets wet with oil.

Randall