[TR] TR3A valve adjustment

terryrs at comcast.net terryrs at comcast.net
Mon Apr 27 18:25:27 MDT 2009

>I have rebushed my rockers, replaced push rods, and replaced adjusters and B
>jam nuts. B I cannot keep the valves in adjustment. B I could not get half
the old adjusters out as the threads had B stretched at
>the jam nuts so I had to cut off the ball and run them out from the B top. B
>I chased the threads in the rockers and the new adjusters went in B fine. B
>What is the recommendation. B Be patient and wait until all settles B in?B B

Hi, David.B  If I may, btdt.B  When I rebuilt my 3A, I thought there were some
things that others could do better, faster, and cheaper than I, with
dependable results in the end simply because they are experienced from doing
so many.B  I went to Apple to have my calipers and carbs redone, and they are
flawless.B  I also went to Rocker Arm Rebuilders to have the rockers
completely rebuilt by experts for the rather amazing price of about $100.B
Couldn't have done it myself for that.B  I think Rocker Arm Rebuilders were
recommended by the List when I was looking for a solution.

Terry Smith, '59 TR3AB  (TS 58667)

New Hampshire (who just spent an hour under the car chasing a fuel smell and
erratic electric fuel pump chatter).