[TR] TR6 Windshield frame - which sealant?

Steve Smith dogzbody1 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 25 20:27:59 MDT 2009

Hi all

I'm replacing my dash crash pads and wooden facia which means the windshield frame is off the car and I'm facing putting in back on.  Should I use any sealant to afix a new rubber seal to the frame or to the body?  I guess any sealant would have to be of the non-permanent type.  Thanks for any help you can provide.

I can't tell if the residue on the cowl is factory sealant or teh decayed portion of a 40 year old bit of rubber, and I want to be sure to keep the rain out!

Thanks again
Steve

CC25805