[TR] EZCarLift

Geo Hahn ahwahnee18 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 08:56:54 MDT 2009

On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 5:02 AM, Aldwyn <aldwyn at sylvancircle.org> wrote:

> I have been on and off, hot and cold on the EZ Lift.  I would much rather
> have a 4 post, but the thought of having to have a forklift here to get the
> sucker off the truck and then try and get it assembled just sounds like a
> nightmare...

I got a 4-post lift from Eagle in January.  I had a 'lift party' wherein a
group of local club members gathered at my house on the day of delivery.  As
I recall FedEx had given me a 3-hour delivery window.

I fed them lunch (this is important) and we talked cars until the truck
arrived.

The whole thing is 'crated' with a few pieces of angle iron and then bolted
together.  We undid the bolts and then removed the big pieces (8) and
packages of small stuff.  Only one piece is really heavy (about 300 lbs) but
even that is easily managed by 4 old guys.

We had the truck unloaded in under 20 minutes and the driver was on his way
(tip the driver for being patient).

I had measured and marked the floor so we immediately assembled those big
eight pieces.  Took about an hour to do that.  Once they were loosely bolted
together the group work was done and everyone had a Guinness to celebrate.

 I had each member of the crew autograph the bottom of one ramp with a
marker to commemorate the event -- told them it was the biggest erection I
had ever had in my garage.

The next day I spent a few enjoyable hours stringing cables, tightening
bits, connecting the pump and doing the adjustments.  Piece of cake.

Alternate method -- Another club member got an identical lift a few days
later.  He had access to a car trailer and went to the FedEx depot where
they loaded it on the trailer for him.  At home he was able to unload and
asssemble at leisure -- can be done by 2 people if they are fit & clever.

Geo