[TR] Carfax busted

Karl Vacek kvacek at ameritech.net
Sun Apr 19 18:17:02 MDT 2009

We bought a used car last year and though it seemed fine (and really is) I
decided to spend the $$ on CarFax anyway.  Since it was a couple of bucks
more to get unlimited reports for a month, I took that option.

According to CarFax, our old Suburban has never had an accident, even though
it rammed other cars a couple of times thanks to the antilock brakes, and
then it got t-boned while driving down the street.  All were reported, all
required insurance claims, and not one showed up in the report.  And though
it'd been to a GM dealer within the past couple of years, it was reported as
having about 80,000 miles, which is what it had when we bought it in 1997 -
it has 245,000 now.

Maybe the Suburban is in the 0.2% with hidden history too.

Karl