[TR] tr6 clutch problems

Al Salvatore tr6parts at charter.net
Sun Apr 19 18:19:17 MDT 2009

About a year and half ago, I put a new clutch set in the TR6,
a month or two after that the clutch fork broke.
Lately I was having a problem with the clutch engaging near the floor. (
installed new slave cylinder ) no difference.
We found the hole in the pedal box had become elongated and put a nylon tie
strap in there to take up the slack while I found a new pedal box.(clutch was
working fine, although the adjustable clutch rod was an inch longer than
normal)
Today I put the new pedal box in and things are worst.
Problem going into first and reverse.
I know the adjustable rod shouldn't have to be an inch or so longer than the
stock clutch rod.
I will be pulling the transmission sometime this week to inspect the pressure
plate.
I was wondering if anyone had any other ideas.

Al Salvatore