[TR] Paint

MMoore8425 at aol.com MMoore8425 at aol.com
Fri Apr 17 22:30:51 MDT 2009

In a message dated 4/17/2009 3:34:19 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
terryrs at comcast.net writes:

Who  better to ask than Triumph owners! B What should I expect - within
reason
-  to pay to have my TR6 repainted and repair a little rust? B I stopped by
custom restoration >place a couple weeks ago and chatted with the  owner
explaining what I was looking for. B Not Maaco or Earle Scheibe but  not his
best paint job either.(he has an old Ford >Coupe they restored  and the
paint
is red - perfect for $55k) B Told him maybe he could point me  in the right
direction.
>I'll ask you guys. B I don't much care about  where the sun don't shine but
where it does I'm thinking of changing from  Frenchblue to a dark blue.

$2,000 for a '50's style hot rod builder  with an Elvis haircut to take a
TR3A
body with no floors, a rotted rear  valence, and rusted front/bottom
valence,B
with the whole shell sawn in  half, welded and painted back to the car.B
Done
within a year  too.

I hear people complain about body guys they encounter, but  Bill was expert
and
hardcore...refusing even to wear paper respirators when  he sands.B  He
still
smokes Marloboros too, and seems to still be  breathing.

In fact, somebody saw my car in his shop, and bought  a similar TR3A from
Arizona.B  Judging from the rust, this Arizona saw  some military service in
the snow country....

Terry Smith,  '59 TR3A

New Hampshire

Terry, I don't understand what you are saying here. $2000 for a TR3A body
and paint,including floors, is very very cheap. Did you get it back yet? Are
you  happy with it?

Mike Moore