[TR] Triumph door panels

Jim Bauder jimbpps at cox.net
Thu Apr 16 22:03:03 MDT 2009

Roger,

I did my TR250 several months ago and had similar problems in the beginning. I
don't think Velcro would work as well as the clips and the 'sticky tape' would
let go after a while, especially if they were to get really hot. Of course you
probably aren't in Arizona, so that may not be as much of an issue!

On my car I installed the clips in the panels first, paying little attention to
the actual orientation of the clips themselves;
Starting at the top front corner I installed the corner clip then worked my way
towards the rear of the door, I used a pair of long nose pliers to rotate each
clip in turn so the clip would be in the best position to hold the panel in the
its proper position;
When I had the top edge complete I worked my way down the outer edge;
But before going too far I installed the window crank and the door handle making
sure that the springs were installed in the correct orientation, I found that
the panel would flex enough so that it was no problem to install the springs and
the handles after I had several clips in place;
Then I continued along the bottom edge of the door and then up the forward edge.

I did not skip any clips as I definitely wanted the panels to remain in place!

Of course YMMV!

Good luck,

Jim

Jim Bauder