[TR] TR4A Interior ?

John Macartney standardtriumph at btinternet.com
Thu Apr 16 09:42:10 MDT 2009

With the very greatest respect to whoever compiled the Concours Guide, I regret to say they are in
error. While the information was never made *generally public knowledge* it was possible for a
customer to:
1. Specify any upholstery colour in the Standard-Triumph range for any model of car made by the
company - even if that colour did not appear in the colour charts. Consequently Dark Green and Tan
were other colours that could be specified for the TR4A.
2. Specify non-standard combinations of standard colours that appeared in the colour charts.

Furthermore (though this is surely of little use to anyone now) I still have the computer coding
codicils for those variants from the production indent code book and they were written:

1. NSTC<DG> or NSTC<T> meaning non-standard trim colour dark green or tan as applicable
2 Non standard combos were written NSCSC

Piping was white in all cases

Sorry, Darrell

Jonmac