[TR] lock washer on TR3 trunnion

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Tue Apr 14 21:10:28 MDT 2009

> how have you guys got them to seat properly? bfh?

The only time I've installed new ones, the nut just pulled them on.  No
muss, no fuss.  Generally I reuse the old ones though, as they don't seem to
wear much and any wear is compensated when you set the clearance.

I would suggest using a file to 'break' the corners of the splines a bit, so
they deform the washers instead of trying to cut them.  Unfortunately that
probably means removing the wishbones again, to get access.  Then try again,
using a hardware store nut instead of the proper castellated version to seat
the washers.  After they are home, replace the nuts with the proper ones.

Or, I've got some pre-splined washers that I'll sell you cheap <G>

Randall