[TR] TR3/6 Battery Sizes

Karl Vacek kvacek at ameritech.net
Mon Apr 6 12:26:35 MDT 2009

Amen, Randall.

In the past year we had to replace 4 car batteries, and I decided on Costco
batteries.  Full replacement for 36 months, and they don't even have battery
testers in the stores, so I expect little argument if one indeed dies.  If
you get more than 3 years out of an inexpensive battery, who cares - when it
dies just buy another one and have another 3 year warrantee.  Beats worrying
about getting all your warranteed years out of an expensive battery and
playing the proration game when it dies before it's time.

One added plus is that Costco batteries tend to have very good actual (as
opposed to just ratings) cranking amperage, verifiable if you do an actual
discharge test.  Seems to be a good honest battery at a no-frills price.

Karl