[TR] TR3/6 Battery Sizes

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Mon Apr 6 11:52:46 MDT 2009

> Should I just measure and buy the
> biggest
> battery that fits?

FWIW (not much), I've been taking the opposite approach.  Buy a cheap
battery at Wally Mart or Costco.  I found one a few months back for $35 that
starts the project TR3 just fine.  Likely it will only last 4-5 years, then
I'll buy another one.  Compared to an Optima that might last twice as long
(or maybe not) but cost four times as much, that seems like a bargain.  And
if something happens to it, I'm only out $35.

Plus the lighter weight should translate to better performance.

-- Randall