[TR] Wrenches

MMoore8425 at aol.com MMoore8425 at aol.com
Sun Apr 5 19:27:49 MDT 2009

In a message dated 4/5/2009 6:07:21 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
tr3a at comcast.net writes:

Abused? I don't think they care. My son ran over my Craftsman  rubber garden
hose with the mower. It had to have been 20 years old and  definitely not well
treated. Because I am a TR guy, of course I tried to  repair it rather than
buy a replacement. Like a TR, the hose kept leaking  despite my best efforts,
so I went to Sears to buy a new one. I didn't bother  to bring the old one back
as it had been "mowed" (my fault, ya know?). Just  making conversation, I
mentioned to the cashier why I was buying a new one.  She told me to bring the
old one in and they would give me a replacement! So I  did.

Hacking a hose to shreds is ok, but letting a socket rust is not?

I agree-I'm only reporting what is being said on sites you'll find when you
Google the issue.It seems like there is a shifting of policy.
I stood in line one Friday night many years ago behind an AA pilot who had  a
garden hose in his hands.
He was pretty ticked off by the time the clerk got to him. He made a  really
big and loud deal about the lousy quality and that the house leaked.
The clerk pointed out to him that the hose said "Montgomery-Ward" all down
the side.
But for the grace of God.....

Mike Moore