[TR] T2-6 Stub Axle result

Evans, Mark CVB Info Systems Mark.Evans at Anheuser-Busch.com
Thu Apr 2 06:31:31 MST 2009

Thanks to Tony Drews and Randall for the advice.
I managed to get the stub axle off as follows. Since the vertical link was
removed from the car for the front suspension overhaul, I couldn't disconnect
the ball joint and  rock the link to a block of wood. I set up two concrete
blocks with lengths of scrap 2x4 along the top. Then placed the vertical link
in
this "saddle". I replaced the nut on the back side of the stub axle and gave
about 8 good whacks with a sledge hammer. Didn't budge. I then took a propane
torch to the assembly for about 4 minutes. I melted a candle into the
backside
of the now very hot stub axle (Dave Connitt method). I figured that it
couldn't
hurt anything. On the second whack with the sledge, it popped out with a nice
ringing noise. The BFH wins again.

Mark A. Evans

1966 TR4A IRS CTC63970 LO
Acworth, Georgia - USA