[TR] TR4 and Mallory Dist

Michael Moore mmoore8425 at aol.com
Wed Apr 1 12:17:03 MST 2009

John
My Chrysler uses a dual point distributor. I put a small piece of
cardboad in one set of points, set it the specified dwell angle, then
move the cardboad over to the second set.
I've done it that way since 1964, and it seems pretty reliable. I
never worry about primary or secondary.
I understand the purpose of dual points on a V8 -because with 8 lobes,
the point gap gets small to get the correct dwell angle and its
therefore very small gap.
With 4 lobes, it never made much sense to me, but racers say it does.
Good luck!  Mike Moore
59TR3A
62 Chrysler 300H