[TR] TR4 and Mallory Dist

Lee&John Howard leejohn7 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 11:57:09 MST 2009

I'm at the point of starting up my rebuilt engine in my new TR4, which
came with Webers and dual-point Mallory. I downloaded instructions for
setting the dwell and they say to set the "primary" points first,
those that open first in the engine's revolution. I don't see how to
determine which is first - looking down at the dizzy it looks both
point sets are at the same relative place on their cams at the same
time. How do I tell which is "primary?" . Does it matter?

Thanks in advance. More questions to come, I'm sure, as I try to start
up and become familiar with the Webers.

John Howard
64 TR4 daily runner (almost for sale!)
65 TR4 almost ready