[TR] Spitfire brake question

Michael Porter mdporter at dfn.com
Sun Sep 28 01:56:54 MDT 2008

Randall wrote:
>> Ken, it is
>> the front chamber that feeds the front brakes on a typical
>> dual-circuit Spitfire.
>>

> So Spits are backwards to the 'big' Triumphs?  Curious.

I think this is typical practice when brake boosters are employed.  The
assist end of the booster pushes on the rear of the cylinder, so the
front brake circuit is rearward, to engage the front brakes first.
Different in orientation in order to maintain similar operation.

Cheers.

--

Michael Porter
Roswell, NM

Never let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's within walking distance....