[TR] another loss for Triumphs

Glenn A. Merrell gamerrell at qwest.net
Sat Sep 27 20:58:18 MDT 2008

THOMAS FANSHER wrote:
> I just heard that Paul Neuman had died of cancer.
> I always like him and even more after he raced a TR4.
> Hope everyone is having a great weekend
> Tom
The Group 44 Team and Watkins Glen organizers tried to get Paul Newman
to Watkins Glen for the FOT race / 60th Anniversary celebrations, but
his health was too poor.
I chatted to some of the organizers, there were several racers including
Phil Hill they were trying to have attend to recognize - both were
recognized during the festivities.

I paused or a while on the Walk of Fame in Watkins Glen at the race
monument for Phil Hill to remember my childhood racing hero when he
drove Chaparral race cars. At the Gala Auction in the IMRRA, Phil was
remembered, and thoughts toward Paul Newman's health.

On a positive note, our next stop, Triumphest 2008 in Lake Tahoe, 2-4
October for the 50th Birthday of Triumph Travelers Sports Car Club, the
oldest continuously operated Triumph Club in the world!!

We will be traveling across "The Loneliest Road in America" in the Stag,
US Highway 50 across Nevada.  I think the longest stretch is over 200
miles between gas stations.

Glenn
TSN Admin
TSC USA chair