[TR] [6pack] Rally Benefits Kids Battling Serious Illness

John Macartney standardtriumph at btinternet.com
Fri Sep 26 14:49:20 MDT 2008

Blake Discher wrote:
> This Saturday, 33 fellow British car enthusiasts will set off on one
> of three 800-mile legs of America's British Reliability Run, the
> annual two-day British car rally that has raised more than $130,000
> for children's charities since 2003.

Blake, thanks again for your acknowledgement at the bottom of this year's website. I wish you all a
lot of fun, fine weather, no breakdowns and even more money raised for three very deserving causes.

You know how I'd like to see your excellent idea develop?

As the All British Reliability Run now seems to be involving three separate states in three
different runs, why not encourage *all* the VTR affiliated clubs in all the States to do a similar
run on the same date in the years to come. Quite apart from the fun element, just think of the money
that could be raised!!!!! After all, you're the VTR President, so they ought to listen to you :)

Isn't this why we own the cars we do? To drive them and enjoy doing that with other like-minded
people with a very tangible overall objective. C'mon you guys and gals. Badger your club committees
and get them to think this was their idea for 2009 - and if they're not too sure, they're more than
welcome to join up with me in the Triumph Trans-AmeriCa Charity Drive. Details and outline route at
www.triumphtransamerica.org.uk

Cheers, Jonmac