[TR] Carpeting and seat tracks

Dean.Mericas at CH2M.com Dean.Mericas at CH2M.com
Thu Sep 25 15:58:38 MDT 2008

One additional comment before this thread dies.

An MGA owner once told me that it is standard practice among his kind to place
a tapered wooden shim under each seat track to give the seat a little more
rake.

The seats in my TR4 were causing me some back pain, and I had a long tour
coming up, so I decided to try it.  I cut tapered strips of oak the width and
length of the seat tracks, 1/2" tall at the thick end tapering to nothing at
the thin end. I spray painted them black to match the carpet, and mounted them
thick end forward to tilt the seats back a little.

This has worked wonderfully for me, and is essentially undetectable without
looking for the shims.

Dean Mericas
1965 TR4
1974 Alfa 2000 GTV