[TR] oil pressure 40-50?

Bob yellowtr at adelphia.net
Wed Sep 24 17:39:10 MDT 2008

On Wednesday 24 September 2008 08:22:59 dorpaul wrote:
> Thanks to all those who encourage me in my venture.
>
> Surely you do no harm in putting in the wrong brand of oil (synthetic vr.
> non-synt., although the weight is correct) and running it for only 500
> miles... right or wrong?
>
> Paul
Paul,

I am using Brad Penn 30W break in oil for my engine break in + 1 bottle of STP
4cyl treatment.

On engine startup op is about 65PSI @ 1K rpm.

Once the engine warms up to to the middle the op is 70 @ idle and about 75 PSI
at 2000RPM and above.

Once the break in is finished I will be changing to Brad Penn 20w50 racing
oil.

Brad Penn oils have extra zinc and are made for flat tappet engines.

Bob