[TR] Collective Wisdom

Lee&John Howard leejohn7 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 09:44:45 MDT 2008

I installed a Crane unit on my TR6 some 25 years ago. It failed within 2
years, I reinstalled points and drove happily with a quick starting car
until its sale 10 years ago. I eventually sold the replacement unit that
Crane sent on Ebay.

On my current TR4, I had the distributor rebuilt and recurved for the
increased  compression and street cam,  use the stock fuel pump and points,
and have another quick starting car. Sounds mighty smooth to me at highway
speeds, although a bit whiney just now with the OD on the blink.

Just my experience
John Howard