[TR] collective wisdom ?

ZoboHerald at aol.com ZoboHerald at aol.com
Sun Sep 21 19:43:53 MDT 2008

In a message dated 9/21/2008 10:33:08 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
terryrs at comcast.net writes:

Plus, I  do enjoy the surprise on people's faces when this 50 year old car
starts with  a half-second punch of the button, due to electronic ignition
coupled with an  electric fuel pump.  'Course, reality returns when I leave my
parking  spot and they see the oil marks....  :-)
I'm not picking on you, Terry, but half-second starts are what my Herald
always gives me, with its points and original AC fuel pump. I'll grant you,
that's after it's been running a minute or two. It does usually take a few
seconds to catch when it's been sitting cold awhile (sadly, that's usually  up to a
week between opportunities to drive it), and maybe a bit less if I  bother to
prime the carb with the fuel pump lever. (I never bother with that,  figuring
that it makes as much sense to let the engine spin a few times without  firing
to get the oil circulating).

And bless it's little heart, I don't even leave much of anything in the  way
of "territory-markings"! :-)

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er, Triumph
Herald engine with wings.
--  Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus (22)

Triumph 10 /  Herald / Sports 6 vehicle consultant, The Vintage Triumph
Register: _http://www.vtr.org_ (http://www.vtr.org/)

Check out the North  American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph Herald
Database: _http://triumph-herald.us_ (http://triumph-herald.us/)