[TR] 3's inner tach cable

dorpaul dorpaul at bellsouth.net
Sun Sep 21 18:50:13 MDT 2008

I'm getting close to cranking and running my TR3 (for only a short while) with
the car up on a ramp...but first...

off ebay, I bought a TR3's tach cable.  It looks fine, I removed the inner
cable (which looks great) and sprayed the inner cable's housing
tube/outer-cable filling it up with bought spray-type lubricant (Dupont Teflon
lubricant).  Now, I could simply re-insert the long inner-cable, but, maybe I
ought to grease it first.

What with???
Should I hang the outer cable out to dry first?
I think i've got a 'grease needle' and maybe I should pump grease (with a
grease gun) into them once the inner cable is back in place? or  do nothing?

I'm itching to fool with it!
Thanks, Paul

--
I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for home users.
SPAMfighter has removed 935 spam emails to date.