[TR] collective wisdom ?

MMoore8425 at aol.com MMoore8425 at aol.com
Sun Sep 21 17:43:21 MDT 2008

In a message dated 9/21/08 4:39:51 PM, Loumetelko at aol.com writes:

> It seems fairly common advice to carry a spare point distributor plate for
> if
> and when the electronic system fails but I have never heard the advice to
> carry an electronic version if the points system fails!!
>
> Lou Metelko
> Auburn, Indiana

I've had the problem of a total EI failure and a 90 mile tow.

I've also had the problem of a rough idle and no way to troubke shoot it
witout swapping outthe EI for points, It was the EI, repaired by Crane under
warranty, but never installed again. The second problem was the worst as it took me
weeks of trying everything else but the EI.
Mike Moore