[TR] battery summary

Geo Hahn ahwahnee18 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 21 11:38:28 MDT 2008

It's just a battery.  I have always used something cheap from WalMart
and never found one that would not crank with alacrity and start right
up... if the engine is in fine fettle.

If there is a problem with tune, ignition, fuel or the starter... a
bigger battery is not the answer.

If appearance is important then rip the labels off, put some faux
Lucas labels on and replace the 3-port cell cap with 6 vintage
individual caps:

http://www.cybertrails.com/~ahwahnee/TR3-Battery.JPG
http://www.cybertrails.com/~ahwahnee/TR4-Battery.JPG

If it is a sealed battery you can make a simple masonite topper to
simulate a traditional style:

http://www.cybertrails.com/~ahwahnee/battery%20topper.JPG

If leakage is a concern then there are ways to limit that (at a price
and not w/o some possible prolem it seems).

Geo