[TR] Group 49 battery preferred?

tom white tswhitez123 at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 20 08:29:30 MDT 2008

I have my battery in the trunk.  To avoid the potential acid damage to the
carpeting I use an Optima battery.  I have returned three of them in five
years.  My biggest complaint is they will not hold a charge when they are not
used for a month.  I even went to the length of installing a battery cut off
switch to isolate the battery when the car was not running.  They still go
dead after sitting for a few weeks.  I also have to charge them before and
after a long road trip.  Still there is no acid damage to my trunk carpeting.

Best regards,Tom