[TR] horn hook-up, battery found

dorpaul dorpaul at bellsouth.net
Mon Sep 15 15:26:58 MDT 2008

Okay, I've got one horn partly hooked up.  Since I had my Nissan truck nearby
I took the other horn over to it and touched it's poles.  Nada.  It did make
the characteristic-needle-to-phonograph sound, but nothing near  a real sound.
I turned the wiring around so that, this time, I held it to opposite battery
post's.  This time, no kind of sound could be heard.  Question: why the
difference?  If indeed it did make a difference, then maybe I'd be better off
staying Positive ground?

One answer, no doubt, will be the size of my 8" nissan battery.  BTW, I
stopped by Autozone today and they have a $90 battery that's 13 3/4" wide, 7"
deep with recessed poles, and is was group 49 and had a CCA of 850.  It maybe
3/4" shorter than a group 24 or 27 battery but longer.  I'll go by Walmart
tomorrow, but the Autozone battery will be hard to beat.

Maybe It will make the horns blast!  I still can't remember if I've ever heard
a TR3 horn?  I don't suppose that many CCA could damage a un-adjusted TR3
horn-do you think?

Thanks, Paul  60 Tr3A

--
I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for home users.
SPAMfighter has removed 926 spam emails to date.