[TR] TR3A Assembly

DLylis at aol.com DLylis at aol.com
Mon Sep 15 04:56:25 MDT 2008

A couple of questions:
1.  Is the rubber boot seal glued into place?  Mine won't stay on  as I
expected it to.  If so, what adhesive?
2.  Same question for the spare cover seal.
3.  What material is recommended as a seal between the inner and outer  front
wings?
4.  Is this to be used between the inner and outer rear wings as  well?
5.  The rubber gas cap seal provided was a grooved arrangement that  slipped
over the edge of the body panel hole.  Unfortunately, the threaded  male part
of the chrome cap would not fit through the remaining hole to thread  into the
brass under panel piece.  I assembled without for the time  being. The part
ordered appeared to be correct for my car.  Do I  have the incorrect gas cap
assembly?  I don't care to change the  gas cap, just provide a rubber seal.

Does anyone have a "known to work" technique for covering the dogleg cap
just behind the doors?  The supplied kit has leather provided.  I  originally
covered mine with vinyl using 3M spray trim adhesive and was quite  happy with
the results until the car sat in the sun and the adhesive let go at  the stress
points.  This is a do over.

TIA

David  Lylis
69 TR6 CC26160L