[TR] wiring 3A

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Sat Sep 13 20:17:26 MDT 2008

> My thinking is that the
> stock diagram, and proably the stock wiring does this so the
> vehicles are both LHD and RHD.  And of course, the same
> harness was used for both.

Just so.

>     My question is do I have to do it?

Only one of the "cross-over" wires winds up being unused on a LHD car, which
is the green/red wire.  You don't need to have that one.  The green/white
and green/brown wires are used, so something is not going to work properly
if you leave those out.

> Also, why is there a black wire going to the headlights?  My
> diagram shows only two wires go to the headlights?

The black wire is a ground wire, not shown on the diagram.  But I strongly
suggest using it (it goes to a ground clip on the body, behind the horns on
each side) as the US-spec headlight bulbs are not grounded to the buckets,
and the buckets are not securely grounded to the body.  IOW, your headlights
won't work right without it.

I've attached a copy of a factory wiring diagram, modified (sort of) for
LHD.

Randall

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of TR3A LHD SCHEMATIC MODIFIED FROM PRACTICAL HINTS 4TH ED.JPG]