[TR] Panasports, Redlines and Lug Nuts?

Jim Muller jimmuller at rcn.com
Thu Sep 11 08:46:51 MDT 2008

On 11 Sep 2008 at 6:04, Barry Schwartz wrote:

> in almost 30 years I have only had one incident involving a flat
> and even then it was slow enough to allow me to make it to safely
> to my destination.

You are fortunate indeed that the carpenters in your neighborhood
don't suffer from the dropsies.  All the flats I've had over the last
20 years, admittedly not many, were caused by a nail or screw,
sometimes in the tread, somtimes in the sidewall.

While walking last night I picked up (with my hands, not my tires!) a
loose 2 1/2-in wood screw from a street just 1/4 mile from my house.
Some unknown beneficiary will thank me without knowing it, unless
that beneficiary is me in which case I'll knowlingly thank myself.

--
Jim Muller
jimmuller at rcn.com
'80 Spitfire, '70 GT6+