[TR] TR6 oil gallery leak

PeterSchop at aol.com PeterSchop at aol.com
Wed Sep 10 12:09:25 MDT 2008

I'm slowly working on my six as I find time. Before I put the body back on
the frame, I am trying to fix some oil leaks. Last year before I took the car
apart, I started it in the spring. I had a good flow of oil  leaking out of
the side of the block. First I thought it was the oil  filter o-ring since the
oil was running down the oil canister. At closer  examination, I saw  it was
the plug right above the oil filter that was  leaking. To pin point it, it is to
the lower right of the fuel pump and to the  left of the oil pressure gauge
connection. The more I drove the car, the  less it leaked. It sealed some what
but was still leaking. No, I wasn't running  low on oil!

The plug is 7/8" wide and domed with no way of turning it. I do not know if
it is pressed in or threaded. I don't want to take it out until I have another
 one to put in. I am looking at the TRF spare parts blue catalog and am
thinking  that it is part AH11 or PU1404. Am I looking at the right part? If not,
is this  plug available anywhere?