[TR] TR4 body gaps

Don Scott DSCOTT1 at sonoma-county.org
Tue Sep 9 12:34:25 MDT 2008

Hello list,
I have been looking (for too long!) at TR4s, hoping to buy one.  I have
noticed that the gaps of the trunks are irregular, as are the rocker panels on
many cars.  I looked at a white TR4 that was almost concours quality at the
British car show in Brisbane CA on Sunday.  Asking price was high.  Car was
beautiful, but the fit of the trunk and rockers made me think that it had been
rusted or wrecked, then repaired, but not to a high standard.  Or, were the
gaps on these cars not great when the cars were new?
Thanks!
Don Scott
'62 MGA
'91 Miata BRG