[TR] Triumphs Digest, Vol 2, Issue 450

Brian Induni 308gtsi at roadrunner.com
Tue Sep 9 12:33:09 MDT 2008

I agree with Randall on this. It could also be a combination of the worn
area and a restricted vent. If the axel is worn, the slightest pressure my
force the oil past the seal.

Brian
'67 TR4a

------------------------------

Message: 10
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 08:20:25 -0700
From: "Randall" <tr3driver at ca.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] American iron help?
To: <triumphs at autox.team.net>

> 7.  Axel worn at the seal contact area.  Tested and appears
> to have good contact area.

How exactly did you test it?  It only takes the slightest groove where the
seal lip rides, to tear the lip up in short order.  My rule of thumb is that
if I can't polish away all marks with crocus cloth, the area must be renewed
(or the seal installed to ride somewhere else).

Randall

End of Triumphs Digest, Vol 2, Issue 450