[TR] Leaky TR6

Greg Gelhar ggelhar at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 6 11:29:06 MDT 2008

Yesterday, while driving home from a Triumph event, I was forced to put the TR6s top up during a heavy rain. I now have two more questions. When I installed the new top on the TR6, I left the windshield header to soft top rubber weather strip off because I was unsure which way the lip was supposed to face. I sure now know the purpose of the seal. What direction does the lip go?

With the top up, I get engine fumes coming up through the gear shift boot. Is there a way to seal that area that will keep the fumes from the interior of the car?

Greg Gelhar
1973 TR6
1980 TR8
Osseo, MN