[TR] Clutch slippage

terryrs at comcast.net terryrs at comcast.net
Sat Sep 6 16:07:35 MDT 2008

Line, MC, slave, flex line, all new three years ago.  Will inspect again.  Have checked and rechecked the adjustment for the proper free play.  Am abruptly enlightened to check the pedal box, which I haven't done yet.  It was frozen solid when I got the car, and I rebuilt it, but the lube I put in might be gone now, and it could very well be binding slightly.  Nice reminder, Randall.  Thanks!

In terms of the clutch, I frankly don't understand the operational mechanics that well.  Did check for a broken spring on the pressure and clutch plates, couldn't find one.  Used a pilot spline and am pretty sure the thing was lined up as supposed to be.  These were an e-bay matched set, so I replaced them with the ones original to the car.  The original set worked much better, other than this.

ISR that there are grease fittings for the fork area that one has to be careful not to overgrease, or risk something of the type of symptom I'm experiencing?  I think I was careful but who knows when you can't see it.  Would spraying brake cleaner through the access panel with the clutch pedal depressed clean any film?

From: "Randall" <tr3driver at ca.rr.com>