[TR] TR6 with XR700

Greg Gelhar ggelhar at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 6 11:26:45 MDT 2008

While investigating a low speed ignition stumble on my TR6, which turned
out to be the spring loaded carbon center brush in the distributor cap had
given up, I see that the optical pick-up on my Crane Cams Fireball XR700
unit has three wires that exit where the flexible lead from the original
points was. I am not happy that when the vacuum unit operates those wires
drag through the opening, restricting the motion.

What is the preferred method to route these wires? The PO did not have a
working vacuum unit and this was not an issue with him when the XR700 was
installed.

Greg Gelhar
1973 TR6
1980 TR8