[TR] Clutch slippage

terryrs at comcast.net terryrs at comcast.net
Fri Sep 5 18:18:08 MDT 2008

Ola, all!
First, this issue is not so bad I want to tear out the tranny and replace the clutch.
But...what's happening is, during "spirited" shifting, at high rev and quick clutch release, I don't get a hard slam from the clutch, but rather a slow, drawn out engagement that leaves me stranded for acceleration for about a second, second-and-a-half.
Might there be an issue with the slave not releasing soon enough?  This was a new slave 3 years ago.
If it helps, the first clutch I installed during the ground up wouldn't engage at all, so I had to pull the tranny and swap out for the original clutch and pressure plate.
Thoughts?
Terry Smith, '59 TR3A (TS 58667)
New Hampshire