[TR] tr-3 lever shocks

terryrs at comcast.net terryrs at comcast.net
Wed Sep 3 18:22:52 MDT 2008

> Personally, I use Motorcycle fork since they too are a hydraulic type of
> shock. I don't remember though what the weight of the oil was.
>
> Mark
>
> Subject: [TR] tr-3 lever shocks
>
> I'm renewing the lever shocks on my tr-3 project. ...Also what fluid?
> I've heard various choices of oils.

I agree. Just go to your local cycle shop and ask for Harley Davidson Hydraulic Fork Oil Type "B."  I used it and have been driving for three years.  ISR it's 20 weight.  Shocks are much nicer on the '3 than on the old Datsun 2000 Roadster.

Hmmm...Was thinking today that the Triumph is considerably better built than the Datsun Roadsters.  Then again, I didn't do a ground up on the Datsun.

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A
New Hampshire