[TR] hourly restoration rates - ranges?

TR250Driver at aol.com TR250Driver at aol.com
Wed Oct 29 15:00:30 MST 2008

In a message dated 10/29/2008 5:19:29 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
BN_Knight at Ameritech.Net writes:

Ted  wrote:

"What are the hourly ranges body shops charge for Triumph, Jag,  MG
restoration work?"

I have a shop that has frame off totally restored my 70 GT6+ and TR3B @
$35.00 per hour.  I am not going to tell anyone who they are for I am  lining up
the "Fleet" for work in order of urgent need. They are not known  to be quick
for restorations but maintenance at the same rate is very  prompt. Currently
the TR250 is in and a total frame off is under  consideration.  To be honest I
believe the last bill had an increase to  $40.00.  I am not bitching for I know
what is takes to work on old cars  from personal experience. I am just too
dang Fat and Old to jack them up  and get dirty anymore. However, I believe they
like my cars for they  are super clean for the most part and not a bunch of
frozen  junk. Father/Son team that are part time restorers and heavily involved
in  the local VTR chapter.  I have said enough, you will know when you have a
 good one and you will ride it as long as you can.
Cheers,
Darrell
5 Travel Deals!
(http://travel.aol.com/discount-travel?ncid=emlcntustrav00000001)