[TR] Gear box & electric fan

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Wed Oct 29 08:29:40 MST 2008

> I would really like to add an, in radiator hose capillary fan
> switch. To the dash I've installed a precautionary overriding
> switch; but I still want the capillary to serve engine shut
> off time. Any ideas where to purchase a reliable one?

Does it have to go in the hose?  I got one of these
http://www.derale.com/adjust-fan-controller.html
at my local auto parts store with the sensor that pushed into the radiator
fins, and it seemed to work just fine.

> In addition, as opposed to an expensive gear oil, can anyone
> comment on whether or not ATF is preferential gear box use?

Probably, but I can't.  My feeling is that, if you are happy with what
you've been using, it's silly trying to save a few dollars on something
cheaper.  The cheap stuff will cost more in the long run even if they give
it to you for free and it only shortens the life of the box by 10%.

Randall