[TR] hourly restoration rates - ranges?

Andrew Uprichard auprichard at comcast.net
Tue Oct 28 14:37:40 MST 2008

In Massachusetts (number 50 on the list of insurance reimbursement for body
shops) the rate for collision work is $35.00 an hour, and so shops generally
ask more for restoration work.

My guy charged me $40/hour and I was delighted with the work.  The owner
even let me come in every Saturday and "learn the trade".  It's still
sticker shock when one realizes the number of hours required for a full
restoration, but in my opinion a good body shop is hard to find.

Andrew Uprichard