[TR] Odd problem with 3A

DLylis at aol.com DLylis at aol.com
Mon Oct 27 19:41:31 MST 2008

The first day I drove my 3A it ran very well until one moment it started to
skip badly, so I pulled over and shut it off.  Without even getting out and
opening the bonnet I waited a minute or less, fired her up and drove home
fine.  Sunday I drove about 50 miles and found out I don't get as good  mileage as
I thought as the same symptom returned, only this time I ran out of  gas.
Walked to the gas station, got gas, fired her up, and drove home  fine.
Later on that day I was driving and had the same symptoms as the first  time.
 Ran well, then badly, stalled, pulled over, waited 30 seconds,  started and
drove away.  Ten minutes later it happened again, same  thing.  My first
instinct is that there is something in one of the float  bowls that eventually
finds its way to obstruct gas, car runs poorly, shut  it off, and whatever it is
floats away from being a nuisance and then  returns.
I opened my floats tonight and although I found crud, which I cleaned out,
there was nothing that would tell me my diagnosis was correct.
Ideas?  It certainly is behaving like a fuel problem.

David  Lylis
69 TR6 CC26160L
60 TR3A TS74461LO
steps!