[TR] drill bits and taps

DLylis at aol.com DLylis at aol.com
Sun Oct 26 04:25:27 MST 2008

In a message dated 10/25/2008 12:54:06 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
sumton at sbcglobal.net writes:

how  about a tap and die set?  is that what i need?  got a  favorite?

Since drill bits have gone overseas for manufacture, I would have to  agree
that they are almost throwaways unless you either, learn to sharpen them  on a
wheel or buy a drill bit sharpener.  They don't seem to have much  staying
power.  It is worth going to an industrial supply house and paying  more.  I
highly recommend finding a good tap and die set with matching  bits.  It is much
quicker and easier to get it right the first  time. Stay pretty much away from
the 'big box' stores like HD and  Lowes.  Craftsman makes respectable stuff
and tend to stand behind  it.  Again; industrial supply.

David  Lylis
69 TR6 CC26160L
60 TR3A TS74461LO
steps!