[TR] Brake master cylinder

Andrew Mace zoboherald at aol.com
Fri Oct 24 11:23:38 MDT 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: Karl Vacek <kvacek at ameritech.net>B

...These are simple cars with simple brake systems - even the last ones
with
dual systems.  No such thing as bench bleeding back then, and we all
did
just fine.  Just bleed it conventionally (and carefully) and you'll
have a
safe and reliable braking system.B
==AM==
I've never bench-bled a single-circuit master cylinder system, although
I've tried it on a dual-circuit Spitfire system, where it did seem to
speed the process slightly. But I've done those before without bench
bleeding as well.

OTOH, I replaced the dual master cylinder on my daughter's Mazda
Pickup. The cylinder came with instructions for bench bleeding as well
as plastic fittings and hoses to enable that process. I followed the
instructions, then carefully and quickly swapped in the new
cylinder...and didn't even have to bleed the rest of the system. Cool.
;-)

--Andy Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with  wings.
 -- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph
Herald Database at its new URL: <http://triumph-herald.us>