[TR] Brake master cylinder

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Fri Oct 24 08:38:55 MDT 2008

> However, when you are installing an
> new master cylinder bench bleeding is the only way to get all
> the air out of it.

Well, just to present the opposing viewpoint, I have never bench bled, and
it's never caused me any problems.  I rebuilt both MCs on TS13571L just the
other day; both pedals are high and firm after just ordinary bleeding of the
brakes and my usual "pump and hold" technique on the clutch.

This car was "put away wet" over 30 years ago; what I found in every single
aluminum hydraulic cylinder would make a poster for why I hate glycol fluid.
Not just seized, but full of hard, crunchy yellow stuff that I literally had
to chip away.

Randall